15 Beautiful Places and Cities To Visit In Italy
If you are planning to visit Italy soon or you need some inspiration for your next vacation, I highly recommend putting some of these places on your bucket list.
Italy has so much to offer and the following cities barely do justice to the country. If you want to get a glimpse of the Italian lifestyle.
Here are some of the best places to go for a fence in Italy.
Italy often referred to as the ‘Gem of Europe’, is about the same size and almost as diverse as California. Italy’s rich history, food, culture, architecture, and scenery that will entice you to come back again and again.
Many first-time travelers visit iconic Italian cities like Florence, Venice, and Rome. There is more to Italy, but leaving the beaten path will prove equally rewarding and eye-opening. It is more popular in the cities, which will help in the over-the-Tourism.
So here, without further progress in some beautiful places to visit in Italy.
which I hope that in the short spontaneous travelers the feeling of wandering in the wake travelers.
Table of Contents
How to meet people on the street:
A recent single trip to Hawaii, I’ve used the app Couchsurfing to meet other travelers. Travel to any city you can find virtually any match!
Find where to stay in a cheap hostel:
I usually use Hostel World to find cheap accommodation when traveling abroad. Sketchy hostels can be sometimes, so I will stay where it is time to plan, to see whether there is space as an ad before booking the place.
I will examine the user-submitted images.
How to translate anything on the spot:
Did you know that if your iPhone / Android Google Translate application download the application and use of a foreign text in front of the camera mode, hold your phone, and you translate it?
Does it include languages like Japanese and Thai that are full of symbols not on the English keyboard? !!! This is an ad – Yesterday I learned about this, and it just blew my mind 🙂
The best site for finding cheap flights:
I use Skyscanner. The algorithm will compare prices for flights on all major airlines.
In the past, I tried to find a ton of cheap flights to different websites but almost always ended up booking through Skyscanner.
Insurance Get your stuff:
I suggest taking the necessary precautions to ensure your gear before your next big trip. You never know what can happen, and you do not want to wait before the further delay.
World Nomads is a leading insurance company insuring short-term and long-term travelers against theft or natural disaster.
This page contains affiliate links meaning that if you use these links, I earn a commission. I only recommend brands that I use and trust. See my disclosure for more
POSITANO & THE AMALFI COAST
The Amalfi Coast is the perfect avatar, where the spectacular cities are sprawled over the glittering sea.
Angry yet refined, the Amalfi Coast perfectly portrays the natural drama and cultural elegance we speak of when talking about Italy. From celebrity spotters to nature lovers, the Nard is perfect enough for everyone to book.
The hungry Instagrammers have recently put Maps on the map. Which results in overcrowding during the summer, but can be enjoyed in the offseason even after leaving the crowd.
The town, which is a mixture of pastel-huyeda ayakomaraina Mediterranean building is a near-vertical kliphasaide jet. Some of the mountains while eating gelato bhyanateja point to the city and to enjoy the Mediterranean view.
WHERE TO STAY IN POSITANO:
- Splurge: Hotel Casa Albertina
- Chic Airbnb: Le Siren (If you’re new to Airbnb, you can get $ 55 for your first stay by clicking here!)
Venice is not only one of the best places to visit in Italy, but it is also one of the most beloved cities in the world, the ancient city is suspended above the water.
Often dubbed as the world’s most beautiful cities, there is a certain romantic notion, which is run throughout the city.
WHERE TO STAY IN VENICE:
- Splurge: Palazzetto Pisani Grand Canal
- Chic Airbnb: Romantic B&B (if you are new to Airbnb, you can get $55 off your first stay by clicking here!)
In Rome, there are beautiful neighborhoods like Colosseum and Pantheon, as well as beautiful lakes (take Trostevieri and Centro Storico for starters), and ah-maz-ayang dishes like the best pasta in the world. Rich in culture and history, the city is a world.
HACK: HOW TO EXPLORE ROME IN ONLY 8 HOURS
Traveling from Leonardo da Vinci Airport to Rome is extremely easy. You can take the Leonardo Express train across the street from the airport entrance.
The quick 30-minute train journey will take you to the center of Rome. Next, at the train station, you can find bus tours where you can travel around the city in about 1.5-2 hours. You have the opportunity to ride and take the bus to see the main attractions.
WHERE TO STAY IN ROME:
- Splurge: Colosseo Sunset Apartment
- Chic Airbnb: Casa Cavalcanti (if you are new to Airbnb, you can get $55 off your first stay by clicking here!)
Lake Como is known as a place that is often visited by the world’s mega-rich. 5-star luxury hotel and restaurant, located just north of Milan, this small lake is a beautiful coastline line.
The enchanting lake surrounds lush green gardens, picturesque villas, and sleepy little villages. Enjoy magnificent sights, delicious food and wine, one of the world’s favorite destinations.
WHERE TO STAY IN LAKE COMO:
- Splurge: Hotel Belvedere
- Chic budget Airbnb: Lakeview Apartment (if you are new to Airbnb, you can get $55 off your first stay by clicking here!)
CASCATE DEL MULINO
After posting a few of these pictures recently on Pinterest, I received some comments such as ‘These are actually in Turkey’ and ‘This is in Pamakule.’
However, the key concept, Italy has some beautiful hot springs are just around and hit the road, away from most of the tourist radar.
The Cascate del Mulino is found in the middle of the hills of Marcema. Access to the pools is public and free throughout the year.
WHERE TO STAY IN CASCATE DEL MULINO:
- Splurge: Relais Le Ginestre
- Chic budget Airbnb: Casa sulla Cascata Delle Marmore (if you are new to Airbnb, you can get $55 off your first stay by clicking here!)
Known worldwide as the birthplace of the Renaissance, Florence is a must for any first-time traveler in Italy.
With a wealth of artistic and historical attractions you can take in the region, you can easily spend a week in Florence and still discover new things in between.
WHERE TO STAY IN FLORENCE:
- Splurge: Hotel Machiavelli Palace
- Chic budget Airbnb: Tuscan Apt in the heart of Florence (if you are new to Airbnb, you can get $55 off your first stay by clicking here!)
Portofino is a fishing village on the coast of the Italian River Riviera, southeast of Genoa.
Pastel-colored houses, high-end boutiques, and seafood restaurants overlook its Piazzetta, a small coached square, frequented by superyachts from the very wealthy.
WHERE TO STAY IN PORTOFINO:
- Splurge: Hotel Piccolo Portofino or Albergo Nazionale
- Chic budget Airbnb: Portofino Dream (if you are new to Airbnb, you can get $55 off your first stay by clicking here!)
Tropia is a secluded Italian beach town located at the foot of Italy’s boot that won’t get nearly the proper attention.
The city two and a half miles of pristine white beaches, dramatic rock formation, kliphasa and coastline Cove, which is the point.
The public (free) and private (fee), there are two beaches where you can flashing, turquoise, you can swim in the water of the Caribbean nation.
WHERE TO STAY IN TROPEA:
- Splurge: Townhouse Tropea from $105 per night or Residenza I Gioielli
- Chic budget Airbnb: This cute apartment for only $33 per night (if you are new to Airbnb, you can get $55 off your first stay by clicking here!)
One of the busy metropolitan city in the country, the capital city of Naples in southern Italy’s Campania region. Naples Art galleries and historic sites, as well as a tihasika stores, restaurants, and places Night Life provides an assortment of vibrant environments.
Fun fact: A lot of well-known Italian dishes like pizza and spaghetti originate from the region, so if you’re a foodie, Naples might be the perfect place to visit in Italy.
World-renowned historical sites such as the Gulf of Naples and Pompeii are nearby, making Naples an ideal base if you are interested in learning more about Italian history and culture.
WHERE TO STAY IN NAPLES:
- Splurge: B&B Palazzo Depretis or Amadomus Luxury Suites
- Chic budget Airbnb: Penthouse overlooking the sea the center of Naples (if you are new to Airbnb, you can get $55 off your first stay by clicking here!)
You will find Italian pulses in Milan. It is internationally recognized for its contribution to fashion and design, Milan is a great place for even snobsets of industry critics.
If you are a fashionista, Milan is the best place to visit in Italy – the country’s largest fashion brands call this city home. One of the best spots in the city center to find them in one of the oldest shopping malls in the world is the Vittorio Emanuel II of the gallery featured above.
WHERE TO STAY IN MILAN:
- Splurge: Windsor Hotel Milano or Hilton Garden Inn Milan North
- Chic budget Airbnb: Charming Central Panoramic Penthouse for $21 per night (if you are new to Airbnb, you can get $55 off your first stay by clicking here!)
RIVA DEL GARDA
A great hike around the Riva del Garda, a city found in the northern part of Italy. Random Italian city, on the dramatic end of Lake Garda, is surrounded by hills.
The city was part of Austria until the 7th, and there is still something unrealistic and non-Italian about roads and architecture.
WHERE TO STAY IN RIVA DEL GARDA:
- Splurge: Grand Hotel Liberty or Hotel Portici
- Chic budget Airbnb: Monolocale vista lago (if you are new to Airbnb, you can get $55 off your first stay by clicking here!)
An island smack dab in the middle of Sardinia Mediterranean. It is a beautiful Italian island that strikes the visitors with its natural beauty, featured coves and snow-white sandy beaches.
Sarkinia is perfect for those looking for a unique Mediterranean vacation like Mykonos, but without all the tourism.
WHERE TO STAY IN SARDINIA:
- Splurge: Vallemare Residence e Studios
- Chic budget Airbnb: Sardinia Navarrese holiday seaside for $28/night (if you are new to Airbnb, you can get $55 off your first stay by clicking here!)
Assisi sits on the top of a mountain in Umbria, southeast of Tuscany.
There is a lot of trapping in a small Italian town in Assisi – churches can certainly shake the paintbrush with more fresco than you do, but medieval castles (two), a Roman amphitheater, ancient winding roads, nice food, and fountains surround the Vista Valley that surrounds it.
WHERE TO STAY IN ASSISI:
- Splurge: Hotel Cenacolo or Assisi Panoramic Rooms
- Chic budget Airbnb: Letizia Home for $35/night (if you are new to Airbnb, you can get $55 off your first stay by clicking here!)
If you are looking for one of the best places to visit in Italy, you will need to travel to Cinque Terry on your itinerary. Cinque Terre translates to “five countries” and refers to the five coastal cities of Monterosso, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola, and Riomaggiore.
Cities are the epicenter of iconic colorful houses at the top of pure waterfalls, which descend into the sea of turquoise, while the city of Cinque Terre has surprised travelers for many years.
WHERE TO STAY IN CINQUE TERRE:
I recommend staying in the largest city Riomaggiore
- Splurge: The First – La Vista di Marina or Scorci Di Mare
- Chic budget Airbnb: Open Heart Apartment (if you are new to Airbnb, you can get $55 off your first stay by clicking here!)
The Dolomites are one of the most beautiful mountains in the world. If you are a fan of nature and enjoy hiking, the Dolomites are one of the best places in Italy.
WHERE TO STAY NEAR THE DOLOMITES:
- Splurge: Lefay Resort & SPA Dolomiti (one of the most beautiful hotels I’ve EVER seen!) or Oberhauser Hütte Rodenecker (also noteworthy)
- Chic budget Airbnb: B&B Piccola Cesa 3 (if you are new to Airbnb, you can get $55 off your first stay by clicking here!)
PLACES TO AVOID WHILE TRAVELING SOLO
Certain parts of India – I don’t mean to disrespect India. The Holi festival is the number one cultural experience I want to experience in the world.
The news of women being groped, stalked and even abused is seen more and more today, so proceed with caution.
How to travel safely
- Don’t choose the hotel because it is cheap. See where the hotel is. Both the YouTubers mentioned the hotels I picked up that were $ 10 a night but experienced BAD because the hotel is located in a BAD part of town – just a few meters away from the place known for prostitution and drug trafficking.
- High-class neighborhoods or parts of the city that cater to foreigners.
- Do not go beyond a certain time. Some cultures call for women to spend a certain amount of time outside the home.
- Be present so you know exactly where you are going, if you have a surprise tourist expression on your face then you will be treated as such.
- Be very aware of you and everyone around you. In other words, put your phone away.
- Bring the wedding ring even if you are not married.
- Make sure that you wear appropriate clothing (Indian women cover their hands and feet)