10 of the World’s Most Underrated Travel Destinations
There are certain places in the world that you must visit at least once in your life. This is frequently the destination Trott and culture for learning about the history of mankind is a unique experience.
Because of this, places like Rome or Paris are usually at the top of everyone’s bucket list.
It’s no mistake to have these places at the top of your list, but the world is huge and countries have a range of experiences you haven’t thought of yet.
For the first time seeing the Istanbul spice market, skinny-immersion in Coron crystal clear water or watching Cloud Forest in Singapore must be at the top of your list.
Keep reading to learn about some of the world’s most underrated destinations!
Table of Contents
How to meet people on the street:
A recent single trip to Hawaii, I’ve used the app Couchsurfing to meet other travelers. Travel to any city you can find virtually any match!
Find where to stay in a cheap hostel:
I usually use Hostel World to find cheap accommodation when traveling abroad. Sketchy hostels can be sometimes, so I will stay where it is time to plan, to see whether there is space as an ad before booking the place, I will examine the user-submitted images.
How to translate anything on the spot:
Did you know that if your iPhone / Android Google Translate application download the application and use of a foreign text in front of the camera mode, hold your phone, and you translate it?
Does it include languages like Japanese and Thai that are full of symbols not on the English keyboard? !!! This is an ad – Yesterday I learned about this, and it just blew my mind 🙂
The best site for finding cheap flights:
I use Skyscanner. The algorithm will compare prices for flights on all major airlines.
In the past, I tried to find a ton of cheap flights to different websites but almost always ended up booking through Skyscanner.
Insurance Get your stuff:
I suggest taking the necessary precautions to ensure your gear before your next big trip. You never know what can happen, and you do not want to wait before the further delay.
World Nomads is a leading insurance company insuring short-term and long-term travelers against theft or natural disaster.
This page contains affiliate links meaning that if you use these links, I earn a commission. I only recommend brands that I use and trust. See my disclosure for more
I wish all the highlights in the Philippines could fit into one simple bullet list, but I found that almost impossible.
That’s why the Philippines is number one on my destination list of the top ten buckets.
The Philippines is a landmark country with more than 7,000 islands. It is a growing population country and has a whole array of natural ingredients to fight against.
Many travelers travel directly to Japan, India, or Indonesia, with the Philippines’ underrated offerings glorious in origin.
THINGS TO SEE:
- Visit Coron on the sheltered island. Coron is repeatedly voted as 1 of the top ten islands in the world. Its lakes, lagoons, beaches and reef racks are known for diving. The settlement of natural beauty will surprise you.
- Visit the city of Manilla
- Kayangan Lake
- Batad Rice Terraces
- Malcapuya Islands – stunning beaches
From the glittering salt pan of Salar de Uyuni to the involuntary ease of the Amazon jungle, Bolivia truly makes a bribe when it comes to natural wonders.
Bolivia’s raw aesthetic, one of the least visited countries in South America, remains completely untouched by the tourism industry, and that’s why you should add it to your bucket list.
One of the great learning experiences gained from traveling is an insight into how our ancestors lived. Bolivia’s history is thousands of years ago, which has made the country a portal to how ancient South Americans lived before capitalism and industrialization.
Must check out:
- Salar de Uyuni – Lots of salt flats along the island of Inkawasi
- Yungas Road – Adrenaline is great for junkies and bikers.
- La Paz
- Yuni – An ancient city near the salt flats.
- Valle de la Luna
Sri Lanka possesses more beauty than anything I have ever seen. Perfect for travelers looking for something truly unique.
Postcard-worthy beaches are refreshingly primitive, inundated by the Indian Ocean to the tufts of colorful wildlife,
- Jami Ul-alfar Masjid Mosque (red mosque)
- Take the $ 1.50 train from Kandi to Ella to get a spectacular view of Sri Lanka
- Climb the hill of Sigiriya
- Leopard spot in Yala National Park
- Look for blue whales from January to April
If I’m being brutally truthful, South Korea was never on the list of things I would have done while traveling to Asia. But the more I learn about the country, the more I find that South Korea is a treasure trove of incredible experiences and that is excluded from your bucket list can be a serious disorder for you.
South Korea is a country full of delicious food, ancient temples, intriguing K-pop, breathtaking landscapes, friendly people, zany festivals and more.
Blind Alley, see a café where you can spend an hour or two playing with good food raccoons. Don’t believe it? Watch the video.
- Trick Eye Museum – There is a collection of two-dimensional images that appear to be three-dimensional. It is as attractive and worth watching as it looks
- Glass Castle Theme Park – A collection of 200 pieces of glass art surrounded by a castle
Iceland is a Nordic island country, with diverse and beautiful terrain, defined by its dramatic landscape with volcanoes, geysers, hot springs, and lava fields.
Things To See:
- The Northern Lights
- Soak in the Blue Lagoon
- Do a glacier trek
Known as the gem of the Middle East, Jordan remains calm despite being surrounded by chaos and turmoil.
The Jordanians that I met during my travels are the most beautiful people in life met great food and epic trips homed Jordan is the perfect destination for travelers in the Middle East.
- PETRA, Jordan – The ancient city of the orange rock bed.
- Dead Sea – famous for its saltwater where visitors can float.
- Wadi Rom – the perfect day trip for hikers.
- Sleep in a Bedouin Camp – Camp in the middle of the Wadi Rum of Yurt, made out of wool. Enjoy a fun camel ride, a campfire meal cooked on earth and a sunset camel ride.
China has spoken to many countries in the news, but the media is not as bad and chaotic as it is portrayed.
As the largest country in the world per capita in China of 1.4 billion to build a home. China is a test field of macro-economic theory of how the world is going to deal with the impending extra population. A really interesting place!
Things to see:
- Great Wall of China (duh)
- Zhangjiajie National Park
- Hong Kong – the most densely populated city in the world!
- Shanghai – Visit Zhujiajiao Water Town
- Red Beach
- Tainmen Shan – aka ‘Gateway to Heaven’ a massive hole in the mountain
- Tainmen Skywalk – a skywalk 4700 feet up on a Chinese mountain near Tainmen Shan.
Asia for beginners. Known globally as Asia’s premier financial trading center, Singapore has experienced tremendous financial growth in recent years. The rise of the tourism industry in Singapore is a treasure trove of cool experiences.
- Bay and Marina Bay Sands by Garden is spectacular at night
- Cloud forest
- Singapore Botanic Gardens – Singapore’s largest green space, the largest in the world with a wide range of garden orchids. Magnificent plant, delicious loan, themed gardens and spacious lake Home
- Asian Civilization Museum
- Take a night safari
- The Singapore Zoo is the largest scheduled zoo in the world.
Istanbul is the most common city many travelers travel to Turkey. Like New York in Europe, the city is full of high energy and it is true that Istanbul never sleeps.
Turkey is my favorite country in the world and in Turkey, there are plenty of places that you do not want to exclude. “Middle Eastern countries,” the reason, a lot of planning to travel to foreign countries to ignore this place. It’s tragic.
- While you are in Istanbul, check out Moda, Kadikoy, Karikyo, and Beyoglu
- Cappadocia – This “fairy chimney”, known for its long, conical-shaped rock formation. Among these structures are houses carved on the walls of the valley before the Bronze Age. While you’re there, definitely ride a hot air balloon.
- Cesme, Izmir – A beautiful town known for its fantastic food and turquoise waters.
Egypt is truly one of those countries that you need to visit at least once in your life. It is one of the seven wonders of the ancient world in the Pyramids of Giza.
Available in some parts of the Sahara Desert in Egypt, so some of the Martian environment, once out of the city to be ready to be plunged. Cairo, Nile River complex of ancient tombs and mosques.
- Amun Temple Enclosure
- Temple of Horus
- Great Temple of Ramses II
- White Desert National Park
- Valley of the Kings
PLACES TO AVOID WHILE TRAVELING SOLO
Certain parts of India – I don’t mean to disrespect India. The Holi festival is the number one cultural experience I want to experience in the world.
The news of women being groped, stalked and even abused is seen more and more today, so proceed with caution.
How to travel safely
- Don’t choose the hotel because it is cheap. See where the hotel is. Both the YouTubers mentioned the hotels I picked up that were $ 10 a night but experienced BAD because the hotel is located in a BAD part of town – just a few meters away from the place known for prostitution and drug trafficking.
- High-class neighborhoods or parts of the city that cater to foreigners.
- Do not go beyond a certain time. Some cultures call for women to spend a certain amount of time outside the home.
- Be present so you know exactly where you are going, if you have a surprise tourist expression on your face then you will be treated as such.
- Be very aware of you and everyone around you. In other words, put your phone away.
- Bring the wedding ring even if you are not married.
- Make sure that you wear appropriate clothing (Indian women cover their hands and feet)
What are some of your favorite destinations that travel misses? Let me know in the comments!